|Posted on January 3, 2019 at 12:05 AM||comments (2)|
On December 20, 2018 at 4pm EST, Farm Bill 2018 (aka Agriculture Improvement Act of 2018) was signed into law. This bill technically legalized industrial hemp and hemp products. These changes not only allows American farmers to farm and cultivate industrial hemp, it removes hemp from the federal controlled substance act. This means that it will no longer be an illegal substance under federal lawIt also. The law places CBD under FDA jurisdiction. This means the FDA will be deploying regulations and continue to issue warning letters to CBD companies who make claims that are not backed by federally recognized research.
On the same day, the FDA came out with a statement (https://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm628988.htm?fbclid=IwAR0TxbjAJQKto4uN_wKka_7hCfiayLOOUq5TBbsfq1YZghWa13a2FBzDngg" target="_blank">that can be found here) Not all CBD is "legal" ....please read their statement!!!
#FARMBILL2018 #AgriculturalImporvementAct2018 #HempIsLegal #NotAllCBDisEqual
|Posted on November 8, 2018 at 9:05 PM||comments (0)|
CONGRATS for surviving another stressful election time. To be short and simple....here are most up to date #cannabislegislation
1. CONGRATS TO MICHIGAN FOR BEING THE FIRST MIDWEST STATE (10th US state) TO LEGALIZE ADULT USE AND SALES!!! Michigan approved Proposal 1 56%/44%, legalizaing the adult use, cultivation, and retail marketing marijiuana
2. CONGRATS TO MISSOURI for approving amendment 2 (they had 3 to choose from!), which AMENDS the constitution to permits physicians to recommend medical marijuana at their sole discretion, and provides licensened dispensery access to qualifying patients.
3. CONGRATS TO UTAH who approve proposition 2, which facilitates legal medical cannabis access to qualified patients.
4. Unfortunately legalization was NOT approved in North Dakota.
5. FLORIDA apprioved Amendment 4 by 63%, which amends the state constitution to restore voting privileges to those with non-violent felony convictions – including tens of thousands of those convicted of marijuana-related offenses. Passage of the amendment is anticipated to reinstate voting rights to some 1.4 million Floridians.
6. Attorney General JEFF SESSIONS has resigned yesterday 11/7/2018!!! The acting attorney general is Matthew G Whitaker.
WHEW! Its been a crazy legislative season. Cant wait for 2019, as it wil be a longer legislative session where we can hopefully get more done.
|Posted on October 17, 2018 at 6:30 PM||comments (0)|
Canada's Cannabis Act was signed in the end of June. Today, Canada becomes the second nation to explicitly legalize the social use, possession, cultivation, and retail production and sale of cannabis. The new law marks the culmination of an effort led by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, who promised in 2015, shortly after taking office, to legalize and regulate the marijuana market.
CONGRATS TO CANADA!!!
#reefermadnessnomore #cannabislegalization #NORMLlife #Normalization
|Posted on October 3, 2018 at 10:00 PM||comments (0)|
Last Thursday, September 27, 2019 the DEA placed a marijuana-derived drug called Epidiolex (that was granted FDA apprivel 6/25/2018 ), In Schedule V. This is confusing the general public who thinks CBD is all schedule 5 and legal, which it is not. Still considered schedule 1 as of now. Feds versus feds. As I mention in my class for the past 6 months, GW Pharaceuticals will be charging approx $32,500/year for this prescription drug. This is the MAIN reason we do not want cannabis in big pharma's hands. Remember the epipen $$ issue? Same thing!
-Jen C 10/3/2018
|Posted on July 8, 2018 at 1:35 AM||comments (3)|
I've updated both charts and map of legislation. Check the links in the tabs above.
MAJOR CHANGES are:
Kansas - CBD ONLY!!!!!!
Oklahoma - CONGRATS ON BEING THE 31st state to legalize MMJ
Side note: 6/2018 CANADA became the 2nd country to legalize cannabis (uraguay was the 1st in 2013)
#Legalization #CannabisLegalization #MMJ #OklahomaMedicalMarijuana #OKMMJ #CanadaLegalizesCannabis #JenChanMassageUpdates
|Posted on April 22, 2018 at 12:45 AM||comments (0)|
WOW am I super grateful and thankful for the feature on ME posted a week ago on the Asian Americans for Cannabis Education webpage. Please check out the interview done by the one and only Ophelia Chong (co-founder of AACE andhttps://www.stockpotimages.com/" target="_blank"> Stock Pot Images).
#JenChanMassage #AsianAmericansForCannabisEducation #AACEit #continuingeducation #CE #CHABA #Cannabis #CHABA101 #Cannabis101 #WA #PNW #BossLady
|Posted on March 9, 2018 at 12:55 AM||comments (0)|
Legislation 2018 JUST came to an end and in the final 24 hours HB 2334 - 2017-18 PASSED!
Regulating the use of cannabinoid additives in marijuana products.
Check out the link for the bill:
#JenChanMassage #ThisMassageTherapistsLife #MyBusyLife #NORMLlife #CBD #WA #WAlegislation #CHABA #cannabis
|Posted on March 9, 2018 at 12:50 AM||comments (0)|
Just added a page called FRIENDS AND AFFILIATES. It's a page with more links to friend, associates, and affiliates in my life. Check them all out. I wouldn't post them if they weren't worth the time.
#JenChanMassage #ThisMassageTherapistsLife #CHABA #Cannabis101 #CannabisHealthAndBeautyAids #MassageWithCHABA #CHABAmassage